Looking for an external hard drive with an ethernet port? You’ve landed in the right place. Today, there are plenty of options when it comes to ethernet external hard drives. These options may be from brands like Western Digital, Seagate, LaCie, Netgear, and more.
But, how do you know which one is the best for your needs? We’re here to help you with that. In this post, you’ll discover the top 7 recommended External Hard Drives with an ethernet port.
7 Recommended External Hard Drives HDD with Ethernet Port
Here are the seven recommended External Hard Drives with an ethernet port:
#1. Seagate Personal Cloud Home Media Storage Device 3TB
- Your own secure place to store and access all of your photos, videos, and documents :...
- Easily share your files and folders with friends and family with secure URL links
- Back up all the computers and mobile devices in your home : PC, Mac, iOS, and Android
The Seagate Personal Cloud Home Media Storage Device is your very own secure place to store and access all of your photos, videos, and documents – all this without worrying about paying any recurring cloud fee. With this ethernet hard drive, you can conveniently share your files and folders with friends and family with secure URL links.
What’s really great about this ethernet drive is that it lets you securely access your files from anywhere, be it in your home or on the road. The Seagate Personal Cloud Home Media Storage Device has support for Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV, so you can stream 4K videos, music, or photos right on your TV.
#2. WD 8TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra
- High-performance 1.3 GHz dual-core Processor for lag-free streaming
- 1GB of DDR3 Memory to multitask with ease
- Centralized network storage and access from anywhere
With 8TB of centralized storage space, the WD 8TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra ethernet hard drive features a high-performance 1.3 GHz dual-core processor for lag-free streaming and ultra-fast transfer speeds. The drive has 1GB of DDR3 memory, so you’re to multitask without any issues. With WD 8TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra, you’ll be able to access all your data from anywhere.
I really like the fact that this HDD with an ethernet port syncs your files across all your computers automatically. The system management, file & folder sharing are highly simple too. This HDD is compatible with both Windows and Mac systems.
#3. Lacie 5big Nas Pro Network Storage HDD
- In the Box - LaCie 5big NAS Pro, Ethernet cable, External power supply, USB key for...
- Introducing the True Hybrid Cloud - With the LaCie 5big NAS running NAS OS 3, you get...
- Seamless Integration - Simply connect the product and install the Wuala client, and...
With the LaCie 5big NAS Pro, you get a true hybrid cloud – integrated network-attached and secure cloud storage. It is really great for today’s small businesses that require lightning-fast and ultra-secure professional network storage. With this ethernet HDD, you get anywhere and anytime access to files, with a convenient interface. Lacie boasts the Industry-Best Cloud Security. The files stored on the cloud are always encrypted – even before they leave your computer.
The Lacie 5big Nas Pro Network Storage HDD offers seamless integration. You need to simply connect the product and install the Wuala client. It is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and also on mobile devices (iOS & Android).
#4. Netgear ReadyNAS 102 2-Bay Network Attached Storage 4TB
- 2-bay Network Attached Storage with 5 levels of protection for all your photos,...
- Securely store and share files in ReadyCLOUD - your own private cloud
- Automatic backup and sync from a Windows PC with the ReadyCLOUD app
The Netgear ReadyNAS 102 2-Bay Network Attached Storage comes with five levels of protection for all your photos, videos, and other important files. With ReadyCLOUD, you can securely store and share files on your own private cloud. This HDD lets you have automatic backup and sync from a Windows PC. What’s more, you can also stream movies and music to your mobile devices with DLNA or iTunes
The ReadyCLOUD mobile app allows you to View, share, and back up photos, videos, and important files on your devices from anywhere. This HDD has a 1.2Ghz processor and 512MB onboard memory for super fast data transfers. All in all, this 4TB (2 x 2TB) storage solution is a great buy!
#5. WD My Book Live 2TB Personal Cloud Storage NAS
- Centralize and share media on your home network
- View your photo collection with your iPhone
- Stream media to your entertainment center
The WD My Book Live 2TB Personal Cloud Storage NAS is a wonderful solution if you’re looking to consolidate your movies, music, photos, and files in one location for everyone on your wired or wireless network to share with a Western Digital My Book Live Network-Attached Storage drive.
The WD My Book Live HDD lets you centralize and share media on your home network. Plus, you can also view your photo collection with your iPhone and stream media to your entertainment center. It is compatible with Windows PCs and Apple Time Machine.
#6. Seagate BlackArmor NAS 220 2-Bay 2TB
- Designed to provide centralized storage and data backup for up to 20 PCs
- Enables automatic data mirroring with RAID 1 configuration
- Protect network connected PCs with incremental and full-system, automatic backup
The Seagate BlackArmor NAS 220 ethernet HDD is a small-business-specific network-attached storage solution that’s been designed to provide centralized storage and data backup. It helps deliver business continuity for up to 20 PCs. With RAID 1 mirroring, you can automatically protect business-critical data, have a full-system backup, SafetyDrill+ bare metal recovery, and powerful hardware-based encryption.
What’s more, the BlackArmor NAS 220 storage server also enables you to stream media files to DLNA-compliant devices and computers running iTunes. You can easily assign access to shared folders or integrate with Microsoft Active Directory with the web-based management interface.
#7. Terramaster F4-423 4-Bay High-Performance NAS
- Powerful Hardware: N5105/5095 Quad-core 2.0GHz CPU, 4GB RAM DDR4 (expandable up to...
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 80TB (20 TB drive x 4). Compatible with 3.5" and 2.5"...
- Multiple Backup Solutions: CentralizedBackup, DupleBackup, Snapshot, CloudSync,...
The TerraMaster F4-423 4-Bay High-Performance NAS is another solid offering that comes at a budget-friendly price. Its user interface is clean and superbly well done. The overall user experience that it offers is also pretty solid.
Even though it costs a bit high, this one is a performance machine. It features two high-speed Ethernet ports, an HDMI port that lets you turn this into a media center server, and an incredibly clean UI by TerraMaster. Overall, a wonderful buy!
Final Words: Which HDD with Ethernet Port Should You Choose?
All the above-mentioned hard drives with an ethernet port are pretty great options for use in 2022. However, if you ask which one is my personal favorite, I would say the Seagate Personal Cloud Home Media Storage Device 3TB is my top pick. It offers you a secure place to store and access all your data. And, it also supports support for Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV, which is pretty great!
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the External Hard Drives with an ethernet port available on the market today.
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends.
- 500GB External Hard Drive: 7 Best HDD & SSD
- 5 BEST 10TB External Hard Drives
- Mac Fusion Drive vs SSD: What’s Better? [Speed, Price, Specs]
- SD Card vs SSD: 6 Key Differences and Recommendations
- Internal vs External SSD: What’s better? [Ultimate Guide]