If you are the owner of a GoPro Hero 11 Black, you need an SD card with a right size to capture all the exciting details of your upcoming trip.
An SD card is important for recording memories that you can relive again and again.
In this article, I will explain you everything you need to know about different microSD card sizes that are compatible with the GoPro HERO 11. You will also learn how long each size variant can record.
Micro Memory Card Sizes for GoPro HERO 11
The GoPro Hero 11 Black has one microSD card slot. The SD card you use should be fast enough to handle the high bitrate offered by HERO 10. The HERO10 Black uses the UHS-I host specification, so you won’t get added benefits if you put a UHS-II card in it. It would work perfectly fine, but it would just roll back to the UHS-I specification.
Speed Class is the unit of measurement for how fast data can be transferred from an SD card. There are five different speed classes, 2,4,6,8,10. The number corresponds to the minimum transfer rate of data that the card is capable of. For GoPro HERO 11, Class 10 microSD cards with V30 or UHS-3 rating are recommended for best results.
I recommend you to consider buying one of this SD cards:
#1. SanDisk Extreme V30 UHS-I
SanDisk cards are known for their quality and performance. This card is officially recommended by GoPro as well. The SanDisk Extreme UHS-I microSD Card lets you capture 5.3K videos as well as raw and burst shots with ease. They are available in different sizes, from 32GB to 1TB.
#2. Samsung EVO Select V30 UHS-I
Samsung is a good option for SD cards for the GoPro Hero 11. The Samsung EVO Select V30 UHS-I card comes with read speeds of up to 100MB/s and write speeds of up to 90MB/s. Amazon users love this card because it allows them to capture 5.3K or 4K UHD videos and high-resolution photos without any interruption..
#3. Lexar Professional 1066x Silver V30 UHS-I
The Lexar Professional 1066x Silver V30 UHS-I card is a good choice for people who want a reliable and affordable option. This card is highly compatible with the Hero 11 and comes in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB storage sizes. It has read and write speeds of up to 160 MB/s & 120 MB/s, respectively.
Do you want to lear more about Best SD Cards for Hero 11?
Click here to choose one of the Top 7 Best SD Cards for GoPro Hero 11 in 2023.
What Memory Card Size is The Best for GoPro HERO 11?
The GoPro HERO 11 supports microSD cards with storage sizes up to 512GB and 1TB. The card needs to be fast enough to support the HERO11’s features.
SD Card Sizes for your GoPro HERO 11 camera are:
If you have a card that is 512GB or 1TB in size, there is a greater chance that the card will get corrupted and all your data will be lost. For this reason, it is advisable to use a 128GB card instead. This type of card works well in all situations.
How Long Your SD Card Can Record?
Different resolutions and bit rates will affect the recording time. The list below gives an estimate of the recording time for a standard bit rate and resolution (16:9):
Recording Time for 32GB Memory Card
- 5.3K (60fps) Video: 58.5 Mins.
- 5.3K (30fps) Video: 1:00 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 58.5 Mins.
- 4K (30fps) Video: 1:18 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 57 Mins.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 1:15 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 1:13 Hrs
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 1:15 Hrs.
Recording Time for 64GB Memory Card
- 5.3K (60fps) Video: 1:57 Hrs.
- 5.3K (30fps) Video: 2:00 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 1:57 Hrs.
- 4K (30fps) Video: 2:36 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 1:54 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 2:31 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 2:27 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 2:31 Hrs.
Recording Time for 128GB Memory Card
- 5.3K (60fps) Video: 3:54 Hrs.
- 5.3K (30fps) Video: 4:00 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 3:54 Hrs.
- 4K (30fps) Video: 5:14 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 3:49 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 5:04 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 4:56 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 5:04 Hrs.
Recording Time for 256GB Memory Card
- 5.3K (60fps) Video: 7:48 Hrs.
- 5.3K (30fps) Video: 8:00 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 7:48 Hrs.
- 4K (30fps) Video: 10:28 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 7:37 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 10:08 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 9:48 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 10:08 Hrs.
These are just estimates that can help you have an idea of what to expect from each size variant.
Best Memory Cards for HERO 11 According to GoPro
These are 2 Micro Memory Cards officially approved by GoPro:
Micro Memory Card SanDisk Extreme UHS-I
- Brand: SanDisk
- Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB & 1TB
- Speed Class: UHS-I, Class 10
- Maximum Read Speed: 160MB/s
- Maximum Write Speed: 90MB/s
- Up to 160MB/s read speeds to save time transferring high res images and 4K UHD...
- Up to 90MB/s write speeds for fast shooting; Requires compatible devices capable of...
- 4K UHD and Full HD Ready with UHS speed class 3 (U3) and video speed class 30 (V30)
The SanDisk Extreme microSD card is one of our top recommended microSD cards for HERO 11. This card has a read speed of up to 160 MB/s and a write speed of up to 90 MB/s. It is available in different sizes, including 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 400GB, 512GB, and 1TB. The exterior is made with strong and durable material that makes it temperature-proof, waterproof, shockproof, and X-ray-proof. GoPro officially recommends this card in their “Works with GoPro” certification program.
Micro Memory Card Samsung EVO Select UHS-I
- Brand: Samsung
- Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Speed Class: UHS-I, Class 10
- Maximum Read Speed: 130MB/s
- Maximum Write Speed: 90MB/s
- ALL THE SPACE YOU NEED: Store tons of media on your phone, load games or download...
- FAST AND SMOOTH: With superfast U3, class 10 rated transfer speeds of up to...
- EXPAND AND STORE BIG: Find your perfect fit from 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB; Select...
The Samsung EVO Select is a popular card that Amazon users have chosen. This card has a read and write speed of 130 MB/s and 90 MB/s. So it is a fast card that will help you quickly record and transfer high-bitrate videos and burst-mode photography. It is also durable and can withstand harsh weather conditions. The Samsung EVO Select is available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB sizes.
Do you wonder what is The Best Memory Card For GoPro Hero 11 in my opinion?
Check out this article to understand why I prefer one better than the other.
If your GoPro Hero 11 Micro SD card is corrupted or not working well, you can try to recover the data using a special software. GoPro recommends using free software as well as a licensed software for a more comprehensive recovery.
In case of having problems with your Memory Card, heck out the article to Easily Fix GoPro SD Card from Error.
What is The Best Micro SD Card Size for GoPro 11?
The GoPro Hero 11 offers great features and high resolution. To make sure your video quality is smooth, you will need a micro SD card that can handle HERO11 Black’s 120Mbps top-end video modes.
The final choice of an SD card comes down to one’s budget and personal brand choice. If the SD card is not fast enough, it might not be able to keep up with the recording pace and could cause problems. So, list your priorities and choose the one that will make your upcoming trips hassle-free and memorable.
Thank you for reading this guide! I hope that it was helpful in teaching you everything you need to know about the best SD cards for your GoPro HERO 11:)
Don’t forget to share this article on social media with your family and friends.
- The GoPro SD Card Size YOU NEED [Review, Capacity, Price]
- 9 Best SD Cards for GoPro Hero 9 (GoPro Recommended)
- Recommended SD Cards for GoPro Hero 7 Black/White/Silver
- 7 Recommended SD Cards for GoPro Max [2022 Top Picks]