The GoPro HERO 9 is an update from the previous versions. It has lots of new features, including 5K and 4K video recording. This means you need to choose a high-quality SD card with enough storage space to record all the footage you want. What is the best card size for GoPro Hero 9?
In this article, we’ll tell you about different sizes of SD cards for GoPro HERO 9 and how long each one can record.
What Memory Card Choose for GoPro HERO 9?
When you want to buy an SD card, it is important to know which camera you have and what card it can use.
With GoPro HERO 9, you don’t need an ultra-fast memory card because the bitrate is only 100Mbps. To open the SD card slot on GoPro 9, pull down on the notch at the bottom of the door until you hear a click.
The GoPro Hero 9 can use a microSD card that is Class 10 or UHS-I. The card can be up to 512 GB.
You can use a UHS-II card, but it will not work any better than a UHS-I card. GoPro recommends using a Class 10 SD card with a minimum of a U3 or V30 rating. Some U1 cards also work well with the HERO9.
What are GoPro HERO 9 Memory Card Sizes?
Here is The List of SD Card Sizes for Your GoPro Hero 9:
The GoPro HERO 9 camera can use microSD cards that are up to 512GB. But it is not a good idea to use a card that is that big because it might get corrupted and you could lose all your footage.
It is better to use a smaller card like 128GB.
Keep on reading about GoPro Memory Card sizes: The GoPro SD Card Size YOU NEED [Review, Capacity, Price].
GoPro HERO 9 SD Card’s Recording Time
For you to make an idea about what are estimated amount of photo and duration of video material I prepared this list:
32GB Memory Card Recording Time:
- Amount of Pictures: 12,157
- 720p Video(50fps) : 1:55 Hrs.
- 720p Video (60fps) : 1:19 Hrs.
- 1080p Video (60fps) : 1:19 Hrs.
- 1080p Video (120fps): 1:00 Hr.
- 2.7K Video (60fps): 1:00 Hr.
- 2.7K Video (120fps): 48 Mins.
- 4K Video (60fps) : 48 Mins.
- 5K Video (30fps) : 48 Mins
64 GB Memory Card Recording Time:
- Amount of Pictures:24,337
- 720p Video (50fps): 3:50 Hrs.
- 720p Video(60fps): 2:38 Hrs.
- 1080p Video(60fps): 2:38 Hrs.
- 1080p Video(120fps): 2:06 Hrs.
- 2.7K Video(60fps) : 2:06 Hrs.
- 2.7K Video(120fps) : 1:37 Hrs.
- 4K Video (60fps) : 1:37 Hrs.
- 5K Video(30fps) : 1:37 Hrs.
128 GB Memory Card Recording Time:
- Amount of Pictures: 48,960
- 720p (50fps) Video: 7:43 Hrs.
- 720p (60fps) Video: 5:18 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 5:18 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 4:02 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 4:02 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 3:15 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 3:15 Hrs.
- 5K (30fps) Video: 3:15 Hrs.
256 GB Memory Card Recording Time:
- Amount of Pictures: 97920
- 720p (50fps) Video: 15:26 Hrs.
- 720p (60fps) Video: 10:36 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 10:36 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 8:00 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 8:00 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 6:30 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 6:30 Hrs.
- 5K (30fps) Video: 6:30 Hrs.
GoPro Recommended SD Cards for HERO 9
Next 2 SD Cards are officially recommended by GoPro for Hero 9:
microSD Card SanDisk Extreme PRO UHS-I
- Brand: SanDisk
- Maximum Read Speed: 170MB/s
- Maximum Write Speed: 90MB/s
- Speed Class: UHS-I, Class 10
- Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB & 1TB
- Built for extreme conditions Temperature proof, water proof, shock proof, and X-Ray...
- Delivers 4K Ultra HD and full HD video recording and Playback
- Meets the new UHS speed Class 3 (U3) and UHS video Speed Class 30 (V30) for 4K UHD
The SanDisk Extreme Pro microSD Card is one of the best and fastest cards available. It has very fast read and write speeds. SanDisk cards are also known for being high quality and performing well. The card works great with 4K UHD video and burst mode photography. It comes in sizes from 16GB to 1TB.
microSD Card Lexar Professional 1066x UHS-II
- Brand: Lexar
- Maximum Read Speed: 160MB/s
- Maximum Write Speed: 90MB/s
- Speed Class: UHS-II (U3), Class 10
- Storage Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Professional-level performance for action cameras, drones, or Android smartphones
- Leverages UHS-I technology to deliver read speeds up to 160MB/s (1066x)
- Quickly capture high-quality images and extended lengths of Full-HD and 4K UHD
The Lexar Professional SD card is a great choice for your HERO9 camera. It has high read and write speeds of up to 90 MB/s and 160 MB/s respectively. This means that you can record full-HD and 4K UHD videos for extended lengths without any issues. The exterior of the card is made with strong and durable material, which makes it resistant to harsh weather conditions. This helps keep your memories safe. The Lexar Professional card is available in different storage capacities, including 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB.
Check out all 9 Best SD Cards for GoPro Hero 9 (GoPro Recommended).
For more on compatible SD card sizes for different GoPro models, visit this article:
What Is The Best Sd Card Size For GoPro Hero 9 ?
While it may seem like a lot of trouble to select an SD card, it’s really not if you keep the specifications in mind.
GoPro cameras have been configured to run well with Sandisk and Lexar cards. In our opinion, you’d better opt for 128 GB Card Size if you want to achieve the best results while recording amazing shots.
The top recommended card for the HERO9 is the Sandisk Extreme PRO 128GB. It works well in all scenarios, so all you need on your next trip is your HERO9, a good SD card, and some backup cards just in case you want to take home some additional memories.
Thank you for reading this guide! I hope that it was helpful in teaching you everything you need to know about the best SD cards for your GoPro HERO 9:)
Don’t forget to share this article on social media with your family and friends.